Thursday, April 12, 2012

Refreshing

Sometimes in life we need to be refreshed. We need to be refreshed because we have gotten used to the way things have been and have become complacent. When you are living in the kingdom of our father, complacency is great but living there still comes with responsibility. Our father has several things that he wants done by us and the way to accomplish these tasks is by hearing the word of God and obeying. When we become complacent, even in the kingdom, we don't always listen and our ears become mute to the voice of our father (not purposely) but because we are just used to the ways things are. Let's not continue in this muted state, let's be refreshed and listen to what our father is telling us to do. Yesterday, my mom asked a very good question as she is visiting us here in Mobile, AL. She said, "Do you realize what you have here?" and I said I had forgotten how beautiful this place was; the place my father sent me to inherit; his holy land. It is a beautiful place and my spirit man needed a refreshing lift so I could continue in God's glory and enjoy what he has provided for me.

He has told me to write this story so we can see how easy it is for us to get out of the good graces our father has provided for us. When we start to worry about the unknown and become complacent and think about how things used to be, it is time for a refreshing. About 10 months ago, my father had me reading in the book of Genesis and at the very beginning it says, and we also talked about this in service yesterday, and God said for everything that he wanted to happen. In this day, God is still saying...he is saying this and he is saying that, so start listening! So, let's be refreshed, starting with our mind and continuing throughout our body. Refreshing is good and when it is from the glory of God and for the glory of God what else can you ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment